Photo: Blade & Bourbon
Are you looking for a change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the salon, but still want to keep your current clientele? If you’re a stylist with consistent and loyal clients, we have an easy transition for you – be your own boss and create an at-home salon business! Creating your own at-home salon is easier than it sounds – and our team at Buy-Rite is here to help make your salon dreams become a reality!
What are some of the benefits to having your salon at your home?
• You control the experience! At-home salons provide an array of benefits for both you and your clients. You can customize each client’s experience to the last detail, and provide them with a serene, private space – leaving them feeling relaxed and pampered. Giving your clients these private and specialized services also allows you to charge a higher price per service, putting more money in your pocket at the end of the day.
• Cost-effective. The investment of creating an at-home salon is slight in comparison to opening a physical location. You are already paying your mortgage – you don’t need to add the eternal costs of renting a physical workspace to your bills. Most states require few alterations to your home that cost much less than renovating a physical space, such as building a permanent wall and installing a door to keep the salon and living space separated.
• Potential for tax deductions. You can save more money with tax deductions for at-home businesses. These deductions include repairs and maintenance, business expenses, and even a percentage of your home expenses like utilities and mortgage interest!
Photo: Studio Six
Home Salons: The Essential Equipment List
At Buy-Rite, we have assisted countless stylists transitioning to an at-home salon business. Our experts put together our most popular, quick-ship essentials for an at-home salon that are always in stock, ready to ship, and easy to receive at your home via FedEx in just a few days!
• Chris Styling Chair
• Sylvia Styling Chair
Salon Styling Station & Mirror
• Manhattan Wall Styling Station
• Econo Wall Styling Station
• Jazz Wall Styling Station
• 31505 Shampoo Bowl
• Kate Shampoo Chair
Hair Dryers & Steamers
• Meredith Hair Dryer
• Melissa Hair Steamer
• Kate Dryer & Chair Combo
•X-TRA Hot 1500 Dryer
• 3010 Salon Cart
• Towels (in Black or White)
• 2-in-1 Ozone Facial Steamer & Mag Lamp Combo
• Black Round Stool
Photo: Green Door Hair Company
Tips for Home Salons
• Study up! Starting a home salon can require a few legal to do’s. Study up on what this means for your local area, so that you’re fully prepared.
• Register your new business. You’ll need to register your new business with your local government and obtain any permits or insurance that are necessary in your area.
• Maximize your space with minimalism. More often than not, at-home salon owners are working with a small space. Start by measuring your space to figure out the best layout for your essential salon equipment. Next, choose the right equipment to fit your space. And finally, find the perfect décor to compliment your new, at-home salon aesthetic!
• Keep records of everything. Such as purchases, inventory, client services, client contact information, and sales. Keeping your records up to date will save you a big hassle when it comes to tax time and help lower your taxes!
• Be proactive. Promote your services through social media and word-of-mouth! Social media is a great and easy way to market your one-of-a-kind services to the world, helping you get new clients in the door. Setting up a rewards word-of-mouth program for your current clients is also an excellent, personal approach to increase your clientele and your profits.
Photo: Snips Studios
Order Today and Equipment Arrives to Your Home in Just a Few Short Days!
Looking to get started on your at-home salon right away? Order your new at-home salon equipment now, and it will arrive to your home via FedEx in just a few short days! For more tips, ideas, and advice on at-home salons and the perfect equipment for you, call us today and chat with one of our product consultants!